Monday, August 8, 2011

Hallucination, delusion, confusion, Capgras syndrome (a friend, spouse, or close family member has been replaced by an identical-looking impostor) - today was wrapped in a tangled web so thick RDC could not escape and I could not find a way in to help him.  Sunset brings a worsening of Lewy Body's symptoms.  It's as if the Lewy Body thief waits until nightfall to pitter-patter, sneak, sneak into our home, robbing RD of communication and reason. Today the thief showed his face early in the day and stayed, causing havoc and wrecking our day together.  I've dreaded sunset for a long time but now I wonder if I will dread dawn as well.  
RDC thought I was his secretary of 20 years ago.  He asked how long before I would give birth. I couldn't help but laugh since I've been busy the last nine months all right but the effort has gone toward weight loss.  I've lost 30 pounds since December,  feeling quite proud of myself until today!  Okay, I'll keep working on the weight loss...
When delusion dominates the day,  we're doomed to get through the day and hope for something better tomorrow.  I'll be back to describe a Lewy Body Life as it continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment